Heather Forbes, CDM, CPM, BSM
My connection to birth and midwifery is deeply rooted in the Biodynamic Birth model of care, and informed decision making. The Biodynamic Birth works with the natural rhythms, hormones, and physiology of birth to help bring about the optimal health and experience for mother and baby. I began working as a doula in 2001, which lead me down the path of midwifery.
I attended Birthingway College of Midwifery in Portland, Oregon and graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Midwifery. I fulfilled my lifelong dream and moved to Alaska in 2013. I spend my free time cooking, gardening, practicing yoga, hiking, camping, paddling, recreational dog mushing, and wildcrafting natural medicines.
I strongly believe families have the right to:
- evidence based care
- the ability to make informed choices, and
- to receive compassionate individualized care
There is a midwife for every mother. If you don't feel that 'just right' connection to me I'm more than happy to recommend a fellow midwife to you.
Certifications + involvement:
- Certified Professional Midwife CPM (North American Registry of Midwives) #1211003
- Certified Direct-Entry Midwife CDM (State of Alaska) #74
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP Provider)
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (American Heart Association)
- Member of Midwives of Alaska
- Member of Midwives Alliance of North America
- Member of Gold Midwifery